After a fun filled Christmas Banquet night in December, there was a 3 week break from our normal Tuesday night activities. January started off with some strong attendance of 40 plus every week. Menu planning continues to be interesting. Two of our students were baptised January 29 th at Carpenter’s Church. One shared her struggle withmental health issues.
THE PROJECT (CARPENTER’S CHURCH ON FRIDAY NIGHTS)
A normal night at The Project includes games, a lesson, small group time and food. Attendance is 25 plus on a weekly basis. I lead the Junior Boys’ Small Group. Last Friday night, we had “Small Group Wars”, a night filled with different challenges and games. My group worked hard, but didn’t win. Our team color was blue. There are some pictures I took at this night. This coming weekend, we are planning a number of activities for Friday night and all day Saturday with a sleepover at various locations around the city.
YOUTH FOR CHRIST HOCKEY LEAGUE
I continue to drive a group of boys on a weekly basis and take care of concession. It has been great to get to know some new kids this year.
This past weekend, there was Boot Camp where our staff and volunteers took 45 kids to Redberry Bible Camp for a weekend of hockey, great food and a speaker. This is a highlight for a lot of these kids each year. I was able to slip up on the Saturday in time for lunch and watched some great hockey.
- Please pray for this coming weekend. There is a lot jammed into 2 days. Please pray for safety as we drove around the city, play some games at a school gym and do the trampoline at Apex.
- Please pray for Leslie and I as we are into a heavy workload and aren’t getting the rest we need. We need strength to keep going.
- Please pray for our kids in all of our programs.
- Please continue to pray for my health.
- Please continue to pray for financial support for me personally and for the Drop-In.